Saturday, May 30, 2009

Life Goes On . . .

It has been some time - too long - since I have written. Somehow, life has gotten in the way - again - of running and writing. I have been running, but certainly not to the extent that I would have liked. But that's OK; sometimes life takes a turn and you just have to go with it. I hate to admit it, but there are things that have to take precendence over running.

All of us in the running community are mourning the loss of a good friend. Last Saturday Diane Sherrer died after a long, tough battle with cancer. The two weeks preceeding her death many of us were spending all of our free time supporting her. It is a sad time for all of us who loved Diane, but good for Diane, as she is now at peace. We will all miss her greatly. Diane had been one of the first people I would call after completing a race, giving her all of the details and answering her many questions. And she was always a staple at the finish line of the Finger Lakes Fifties (click HERE) and it just won't be the same without her there this year. This year's Finger Lakes Fifties will be dedicated to Diane, and I know that she will be there in spirit.

I have been running . . . it's just that right now it's hard to think about what I have been doing and even harder to concentrate on writing about it. But that is one of the things that Diane really liked about her friends' running . . . the stories that they could tell. So I will be back with more details soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment